Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Day It will all Make Sense

I know I just started graduate school in January with hopes of becoming an Early Childhood Teacher, but today things may have changed for a little while. I am going to finish the first semester in this MAT program, but the rest may have to go on hold for a while. Only time will tell. I did accept a job offer today. I had applied for the job soon after I quit the hospital in hopes of getting a different job, but in the nutrition field and still be on my way to becoming a dietitian. I disliked the hospital so much that I decided to embark on going to school to change career paths. I got a call in January a week after I started school that I had an interview with Department of Social Services in South Carolina for a position for WIC as a nutritionist. I went to the interview and haven't heard anything in three weeks. Today I got a call that I was one of the 3 chosen for the position. There were three spots open and I took the position. There are lots of reasons why I took it number one is the pay, number two is the benefits, and number three is if I work for DHEC for a year I can do their internship, while still working for them part time to become a registered dietitian. Whereas all the rest of the internships you have to pay and work 40 hours a week for nothing. Right now with school I can still manage all my classes because they are offered at night. I do not know yet how the rest will fall as in if I will go in the summer and continue the program, or try to take classes when I can to eventually finish the program. I cannot pass this opportunity up and if I don't take it I will never know if I like it, so I am going to try it for a while! So pray for me that I make some sense of my life in the next 3.5 months. It is going to be busy managing work, school and home life, but I can do it! My motto is like Nike...Just Do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com